Monday, November 5, 2007

The lab that will not happen....


So I have been trying for three weeks now to write a lab on Plate Tectonics. PT is a very important concept around here but for some reason all the labs I've seen on it are just terrible. The problem is that there is not really that much you can do to understand it, you just sort or learn it and move on. But since I'm re writing all the labs for a class I'm teaching this semester PT is included. I've got some pretty good ideas about some activities for the students but I swear every time I sit down to do this, something comes up. Be it here or at home. I got here early this morning with the intention of working on it ... no dice, this afternoon a string of students with questions about a quiz they have tomorrow. (the drop date is past, the panic is setting in). So I'm going to go home and have one last stab at this. We'll see if it works.

No comments: