Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Been a little exictement around here

So apparently one of our professors (not me) had the Gall (GALL I TELL YOU) to give a student who made an 88 a B. The student tried explaining to him that he was an A student even got his mother to come in and explain that he's an A student but to no avail, the grade remained. So now the student is making threats against the school and the professor. We have cops everywhere but somehow the student still hasn't done anything illegal, apparently we're waiting for him to do something illegal so that he can be arrested.
I'm not a gun nut. In general, I believe that more guns leads, oddly enough, to more gun violence. And I really do NOT believe that having teachers carry guns is a solution to the school violence problem. But in the position we're in right now... of waiting for this person to do something. I'm tempted to want a gun on me.

1 comment:

~profgrrrrl~ said...

Oh dear. Seriously. Ummm.

Hope any future excitement is about things like new acquisitions in the library.